A list is required to store contacts and their details to be used further in campaigns, segments, workflows etc. There is no limit to a number of list in an account. Also, there is no limit to a number of contacts in a list.
Steps to create a new list:
- Hover on the ‘M’ logo at the top-left side and click on ‘Email’ option from the dropdown menu.
- Click on “Contacts”. It will open the contact list index page.
Hover the cursor back to “Contacts” and then click on “New list” from the populated menu.
- A pop-up will open. Enter the list name (Mandatory). The rest of the details are optional (From name, From email, Reply to email, Address, Post URL, integration with carts) only if you have created one.
If you do not wish to show the list on the “Manage Subscription” page, then keep “Add to unsubscribe page” to no while creating a list. Refer to the screenshot above.
Click on save. You will be able to see the list now on the index page
THINGS TO DO IN A LIST
Below every list name, there are different options as explained below:
A. EXPORT: This allows you to export all the contacts from the list. When clicked, it will start exporting contacts and its progress can be tracked from the notification bell.
B. IMPORT: To import contacts into a list, click on it and a pop-up will open. Click on choose file and select the CSV from your local machine and hit next.
**There is another option “FTP import” which is explained under “FTP Upload” in the contact sub-menu.
** Please make sure you have selected the correct format for all your date fields.
Kindly note that email is mandatory to map, rest of the fields are not. On the right-hand side of the page, you will see 3 options which are checked by default:
– Import New contacts – Keep it checked to import new contacts only.
– Update existing contacts – This allows you to update existing contacts in the list
– Do not trigger workflow campaigns – While importing if this option is checked, then it will prevent workflow to trigger to the contacts which are being imported to the list if used in an active workflow.
Once everything is setup correctly on the mapping page, click on “Import” at the bottom of the page. You can track the progress of the import from the “Notification bar”.
C. CONTACTS: In order to view the contacts and their details, Click on this option. The new page will display all the contact emails, first name, last name, created at, updated at, status, click rate, open rate and option to edit the contacts or delete the contact.
Status filter tab on the top left shows the current status of the contacts in the list.
It also allows you to edit the status of a contact. One can change the status from subscribed to unsubscribed and vice-versa by clicking on the current status of a contact.
The page displays 20 contacts. So use pagination to view next 20 contacts through the option provided on the top right. You can also insert the page number in the URL to navigate to a specific page, for ex:
http://app.maropost.com/accounts/xx/lists/yyyy/contacts?page=zz where xx is your account id, yyyy is the list id and zz is the page number.
If you insert a page number which does not have any results to display, then it will show blank. For example, you have 50 contacts in a list and you are inserting page=4, then the display will be a blank page. The reason is, each page shows 20 contacts so that means 50 contacts are divided into 3 pages. So there are no contacts on page 4.
The email is a clickable entity. Clicking on a contact email will open the show page which has all the details associated with a contact as mentioned below:
– Default and custom field values: shows the default fields (first name, last name, phone, fax), custom field and their values.
– Present in Global Unsubscribe list: This shows if a contact is present in global unsubscribe list or not.
– Lists: This shows all the lists subscriptions for a particular contact. Right in front of the list name, there are links to edit, delete and toggle status. Using “Toggle status”, we can change the subscription status from subscribed to unsubscribed and vice-versa. Clicking on delete will delete the contact subscription from that list. All lists shown on contact show page are clickable.
Using edit, we can modify contacts. Any modification made to a contact in a list is not restricted to that specific list. It will be reflected in all lists across the account.
– Tags: This shows all the tags in which that particular contact is present. We can add or delete a contact from a tag/tags using the edit option. Tags are also clickable.
– Workflows: This shows all the workflows, current status (active, paused, finished), starting date of a contact’s journey in a workflow and an option to “End Workflow”. All workflows name are clickable on this page. When clicked, it will open the workflow builder.
– Latest campaigns (last 5 only). This shows the last 5 campaigns sent, their status (delivered, opened, bounced) and sent date. These are clickable too. On clicking, it will open the campaign report page.
– Contact report graph: This displays the opens, clicks, bounces and sends in a graphical representation.
– Product and revenue: This shows the total orders and their total revenue, total product purchased and total items purchased.
– Latest orders: It shows id, Grand Total, Original Order id, Products Purchased and Order Status
– Statistics: This shows total sends, opens, clicks, bounces and complaintsAs in case of email, there are few more clickable options. By clicking on created at, it will sort the sequencing of the contacts per their creation date. So if you want that the first page should show those contacts which were added first in the list, then click on it once. By Default, it shows the contacts which were created first followed by those created later.
The same way we can sort the sequencing of the contacts based on the “updated at” date.
The values below the click rate and open rate for a contact are clickable. On clicking, it will open a new page and shows all the URL’s, browser, recorded at data for the contact.
Using a calender, we can view the click rates for a specific date range. It shows 20 results per page, use pagination to view the details for consecutive pages. One can also use URL to open a specific page. Ex:
where xx is the account id, yyyyyyy is the contact id and zz is the page number.
For the open rate, it shows browser and recorded at details.
D. EDIT: Click on edit below the list name to modify the list details.
E. DELETE: Click on delete to remove the list/lists. Though we advise not to do it since it can cause reporting issues.
F. REFRESH: Click on refresh to see the latest count of contacts per their status (active, unsubscribes, soft-bounces, hard bounces) on the right side.