A trigger is an element which is required to start a workflow. Through a trigger, a contact will enter the workflow and will experience the rest of the elements depending upon the construction of the workflow.
There are currently 12 triggers in the drag and drop workflows.
Kindly read below to know more about them:
- New Subscription: This works when a new subscriber is added to the list/lists selected in the trigger. This trigger allows you to select multiple lists so that you can trigger the workflow to all the contacts that are subscribing to different lists as the same time.
**In order to bring an element to the canvas, just click on the element and it will pop-up at the center of the canvas. You can then drag and drop it anywhere along the dimension of the canvas.**Double click on an element to check what’s inside.
Detach: By clicking on it, you can disconnect the node connected to the next element.
Remove: This will remove the element from the workflow builder page.
To see the number of contacts who entered the workflow from the trigger, double-click on the trigger. Look to the top right and you will see a number. This figure is the total number of contacts that entered the workflow from the trigger.
** Every trigger has a node on the right side which is used to connect it to other elements like actions, case filters, delays, end workflow etc.
- Campaign Opened: This works when someone opens a campaign whose ID is stored in this trigger.
So if you wish to trigger a workflow based on the campaign opens, then use this trigger.You can add multiple campaign ID’s into this trigger using comma separation.
- Link Clicked: Using this trigger, you can start a workflow when someone clicks on a link(s) sent by you in a normal campaign, A/B campaign or workflow campaign.
You will need to enter the link into the box when you open the trigger.
If you check “Trigger for any links clicked“, then the workflow will trigger for any contact who is clicking on any link from all of your sent normal campaigns A/B campaigns or workflow campaigns at any point.
- Product Purchased: This trigger will start the workflow for the contacts who are purchasing a product or multiple products depending upon your selection in the trigger.
This trigger shows all the products which are stored in your account. These product details are fetched from carts integration in your account. Also, using “Product and Revenue” tool, you can create products and orders in your account. This is activated on request so you can reach firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
If you check “Trigger for all products“, then it will trigger the workflow for all the contacts who are purchasing products and getting added to your Maropost Account.
- Total Revenue: This trigger will work when a contact(s) revenue equals to what is set in the trigger. For ex: you set 10$. So whenever a contact(s) total revenue reaches 10$, this trigger will add those contacts into the workflow.
- Form Event: This trigger allows you to select the forms created in Maropost. So when a subscriber fills a form selected in this trigger, he/she will get added to the workflow.
You can select multiple forms in this trigger. It works instantly i.e as soon as a subscriber fills a form successfully, the workflow will tigger.
- API Event: Using this trigger you can add a contact to a workflow by making a POST API call.
We can use contact ID or email address or table value in order to trigger the workflow for a contact. The method is “POST”. To see the API call for the trigger, kindly double click on it.
As shown in the screenshot above, you can see all the 3 formats of the API call. You can run it in xml or json format.
- Segment Event: This trigger is based on segments. Segments are created using set of conditions and rules.
This trigger is not instantaneous. You will need to select time and day for it to work. Only one segment can be selected in this trigger.
As shown in the screenshot above, you can select mutliple hours and in the second box, you can choose everyday or a specifc day of the week.
- Contact Field Updated: This trigger contains all the default and custom fields created in your account.
This trigger works when any of the selected fields are changed for a contact(s). You can select multiple fields in this trigger. It works in real time.
- Table Field Updated: This trigger is related to the relational tables and their fields. Relational Tables is a feature activated on request only.
You can select one table and its multiple fields in this trigger.
NOTE: This workflow trigger will ONLY work when the contact’s table field is updated through the Maropost platform or the API. Table field updates made by external applications (i.e. desktop SQL clients) will NOT activate this trigger.
- Subscription Changed: This trigger works when a subscription of a contact changes i.e from unsubscribed to subscribed and vice-versa.
You can select multiple lists in this trigger. So when a contact subscription changes from unsubscribed to subscribed in the list, the workflow will trigger.
- Tag Event: Tag event trigger is the latest trigger implemented based on contact tags.
In this trigger, you can select 2 functions at the same time. If someone gets added to a tag(s) or if someone is removed from the tag(s).
We can use multiple triggers in the same workflow but its not recommended since there are few challenges associated with such arrangements.