Cleansing rules are used to cleanse unengaged or inactive contacts that are not opening or clicking on your campaigns or workflows anymore. When unengaged or inactive contacts are cleansed, their journeys through all workflows end.
To access cleansing rules, please follow these steps:
1. Hover your cursor over the Maropost logo and click on ‘Automation’.
2. Click ‘Cleansing Rules’. This will show a list of all cleansing rules present in your account.
3. Underneath the name of the cleansing rule there are three options; edit, delete, and enabled/disabled.
4. On the right side, you will see the number of contacts cleansed.
IMPORTANT: Cleansing is a dynamic process which takes place every day at 3:00AM EST.
To create a cleansing rule, please follow these steps:
1. Hover your cursor on ‘Cleansing Rules’ and click on ‘New Cleansing Rule’.
2. Enter the name of the cleansing rule and enter the necessary details to setup a new cleansing rule.
IMPORTANT: All filters are mandatory except Contact Domain filter. If you want to target all domains then you may leave this filter blank.
3. After entering the necessary details, click on ‘Save Rule’.
IMPORTANT: Cleansing rule cleanses all contacts from all lists and workflows and changed their status to cleansed.