Create a New Custom Report
If viewing your Marketing Cloud dashboard, select Reports >> Create Custom Reports. You can also select Analytics >> Custom >> Create Custom Reports.
Step One – Select Campaigns
- Enter the name of the custom report
- Enter the date range for the report. The date range you enter will be used to select all campaigns that were delivered and responses received within that range. Both ‘from’ and ‘to’ dates are inclusive i.e. the report will be generated from 12AM of the ‘from’ day to 11:59PM of the ‘to’ day. The dates and times are in Eastern Time Zone
- Select the option(s) that you want to select the campaigns for the report. The report will include all campaigns matching any of the criteria you’ve selected. You must select at least one campaign tag, brand, or campaign.
- Campaign Tags – Choose which campaigns you want included in the report by selecting the keywords they have been tagged with.
- Brands – Choose which campaigns you want included in the report by selecting the brands that the campaigns were associated with.
- Campaigns – Select the campaigns that you want to include in the report. You can start typing the name of the campaign(s) in the dynamic search bar to quickly find the campaigns you want. By default, the “Sent”, “Recurring”, “Journey”, and “Transactional” filter options are pre-checked. Change the options if you want to filter by any specific campaign type. This is another useful aid to finding the specific campaigns to select for your report.
- Lists (optional) – This option is a legacy feature meant for backward compatibility. Maropost recommends using Reporting Rules (see next step) as the preferred method for filtering campaign rules based on list membership. Regardless of the target audience for the selected campaign(s), you can filter the results to only include those contacts who received the campaign AND are subscribed to the list(s) that you select.
Step Two – Reporting Rules (Optional)
Reporting Rules are similar to Filter Lists (on Step One) in that they allow you to filter the data to be selected for the report. It provides a much richer set of filtering rules than simply filtering on list subscriptions.
NOTE: Some of the filter rules are based on dates (e.g. Opens, Clicks, Deliveries, Subscribed, etc.). Be careful to make sure that the date range you select for these filter rules are within the date range of the custom report that you specified on Step 1. If you set a date range in your filter rule that is entirely outside the date range of the report, your custom report will contain no data.
Step Three – Delivery
- Email the Report (optional) – By default, you will download the report from the Notifications page when it has finished. Select this option if you prefer to receive the custom report via email.
- Select the format of the report that you want the output to be in.
Step Four – Schedule
- Generate Report Now – Select this option if you just want the report to run once.
- Breakup Report by Days – If you select this option, then the data will be summarized for each date for the date range that you have specified in Step One. Since the majority of responses to an email campaign occur within 24 hours of send time, this option is helpful for marketers who want to analyze the “long tail” of their campaigns.
- Recurring Report – Select this option if you want the report to be sent to you on a recurring basis. You have the option to have the report sent to you on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. You also have the option to specify the time of day (in Eastern Time Zone) that the report will be generated.Things to note:
- You must provide an email address to receive the recurring report (Step Three – Delivery)
- The totals in the report reflect the delivery and response data collected from the preceding time period based on the recurring interval that you have selected. For example, if on Wednesday, you created the custom report and selected the option to have the recurring report generated every day at 6AM then Thursday’s report will include total delivery and response data collected from 6AM Wednesday to 6AM Thursday.
When you have finished setting the options for the custom report, click the [Submit] button.
View a Custom Report
Once a custom report has been generated, you can download the report file from the Notifications page.
You can also view the custom report online. If viewing your Marketing Cloud dashboard, select Reports >> Custom Reports. You can also select Analytics >> Custom >> Custom Reports.
The Custom Reports page displays the the custom reports that have been generated. Click “Show” under the “Actions” column to view the report.
- Overview tab – displays the total delivery and response metrics for the report
- Details tab – displays the total delivery and response metrics for each campaign in the report. You can jump to any campaign’s report by clicking on the campaign name.