To create a new campaign, please follow these steps:
- Hover your cursor over the Maropost logo and click on ‘Email’. This will bring you to the campaign index page, showing all previously created campaigns.
- Hover over ‘Campaigns’ and click on ‘New Campaign’. Three steps for campaign creation will appear.
- STEP ONE: Enter the campaign details; name, subject, pre-header, from name, from email, reply to email. Select the content (a preview of the selected content will appear on the left), and select the target group(s) from the given options; lists, segments, tables, suppress lists, suppress segments, suppress workflows
- The from name, from email, reply to email and address are auto-fetched from the list only if this information is entered while creating the list. If you are selecting multiple lists, then it will fill out the details of the last list selected in the sequence.
- There is another option on the first page ‘show email preview link’. If you uncheck this option, it will remove the ‘If you are having trouble viewing this email, click here’ prompt.
- Select one of the 4 different options;
- Next: This option moves on to the next step.
- Save as draft: This option saves the campaign information as a draft.
- Send test: This option will automatically send a test campaign to the audience that you have selected (see above) and save the campaign in DRAFT mode.
Some notes about Test Campaigns:
- After sending a test, your campaign remains in DRAFT status and no response metrics are recorded.
- Test campaigns are sent immediately.
- You will not be able to send a test campaign if the total number of selected recipients is more than 20.
- Is is recommended that you create a list whose subscribership is strictly used for testing purposes. Select this test list as your campaign recipient when sending the test. Only when you are ready to schedule and send the campaign should you select the true audience of recipients.
- Render preview: This option will show how a campaign will be displayed on a variety of different email clients (e.g. mobile devices, web clients, and desktop clients) and operating systems (e.g. Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS)
- STEP TWO: You will be shown the spam score for your campaign. Spam is rated on a scale of 1.0-5.0. If the spam score is above 5.0, your campaign will not be sent and our postmaster team will contact you to resolve any issues.
- STEP THREE: you’ll see the different sending options that Maropost has to offer.
- Priority Send
This is the fastest method for sending your campaigns. Maropost will send the campaign to all the contacts in the lists, with your most engaged contacts receiving the campaign first and the least engaged contacts will receive it in the end. A campaign can either be scheduled by selecting the date and clicking on ‘Schedule’ or can be sent right away by leaving the date blank and clicking on ‘Send Now’.
This option sends the campaign to contacts according to their respective time zone. E.g. If the campaign is to be sent at 10am EST, but some contacts are listed in the PST or MST time zones, the campaign will be sent at 10am in the time zone of the contact (if listed). When using the ‘One Time’ sending option, there are two scenarios:
A) If a campaign is scheduled for 6 pm EST today and a contact is in a time zone where where 6 pm has passed, then the campaign will be delivered next day at the same time (6 pm the day after).B) If a campaign is scheduled for tomorrow at 6 pm EST, then the campaign will get locked for 16 hours and will start delivering with Fiji time zone at 6 pm the previous day and simultaneously to the rest of the time zones. Once the campaign gets locked it cannot be edited.
- Sent-Time Optimization
This option sends a campaign to the recipients at the time when they are most engaged. This option allows you to schedule the campaign at anytime and deliver over 24hrs based on our internal engagement algorithm. For example, if a contact opened a campaign at 10 am last time, then the next campaign will be delivered to him at exactly 10 am. Campaigns can either be scheduled by selecting the date and clicking on ‘Schedule’ or can be sent right away by leaving the date blank and clicking on ‘Send Now’.
- Schedule Recurring
By this option, you can schedule a recurring campaign for; every day, every week, every month, or every year.
- Priority Send