To create a new list, please follow these steps:
- Hover your cursor over the Maropost logo and click on ‘Email’. On the campaign index page, click on ‘Contacts’. Then hover your cursor over ‘Contacts’ again and click ‘New List’.
- The New List pop-up modal will now appear
(click thumbnail above to view full-sized image)
- Name – enter a name for the list.
- From Name – the default friendly From Name that will appear in a campaign when this list is selected as the target audience.
- From Email – the default From Email Address that will appear in a campaign when this list is selected.
- Reply-to Email – the default Reply-to Email Address that will appear in a campaign when this list is selected.
- Address – the default postal address that will appear in a campaign when this list is selected.
- Language – the default language of the campaign when this list is selected.
- Add to Unsubscribe Page – selecting “Yes” means that this list will appear in the Manage Subscription page and allow the contact to select it to subscribe or de-select it to unsubscribe from the list.
- Brand – associates this list with a Brand that you have created. When you select a Brand in the Campaign editor, all lists that are associated with the Brand will be pre-selected by default. If a contact selects the “unsubscribe from all lists” option of a Branded campaign, then the contact will be unsubscribed from all lists that are associated with the same brand.
- POST URL – a web hook that will fire each time a contact’s subscription status to the list changes. The platform will send a JSON-formatted payload to an API endpoint that you provide.
NOTE: This web hook will NOT be triggered if a contact’s profile field values change. If you want your system to be notified whenever a contact’s field values change, then you will need to set up a web hook with your account profile.
- List Type
- Normal – all contacts subscribed to this list will be included in the target audience of a campaign that is sent to this list.
- Suppressed – all contacts subscribed to this list will be excluded from a campaign that uses this list as a suppression file.
- Display Name – the friendly name of the list as it appears in the Manage Subscription page.
- Description – the description of the list as it appears in the Manage Subscription page