The account settings section is where you can make all changes to your account not including email, password, or personal information. The changes you’re able to make in ‘Account Settings’ are; adding/deleting a new user, modifying privileges, managing ‘Do Not Mail’ list, changing link tracking domain, and specifying a custom field that you want to use to uniquely identify your contacts.
**An account can have unlimited user accounts, but only one Admin account. **
To access account settings, please follow these steps:
- Hover your cursor over your username and click ‘Account Settings’.
- You will be shown the ‘Accounts Settings’ page. On the left, it shows the options to edit language, address, website, link tracking domain, Do Not Mail list, add HTTP POST URL, and specify a custom field that you want to use to uniquely identify your contacts.
- Link Tracking domain: This link is used for tracking opens and clicks from any URL sent in your content. This link replaces the default Maropost link. All click traffic on your tracking domain, including clicks on links will be stored in Maropost reports section.
- E.g. This is the Maropost link: http://links.mp2200.com/, which be replaced by the link stored under link tracking domain of your account.
- HTTP POST: This is a webhook API call which is used for integrating data with any system you have. Whenever a new contact is added or an existing one is modified or deleted, all the details for the contact (default and custom fields) will be sent in a JSON-formatted payload to the API endpoint that you specify here.NOTE: This webhook fires ONLY when there is a change to the contact record. It will not fire if there is a change to the contact’s subscription status to any given list. To be notified when subscription status changes for any particular list, you will need to set up a webhook API endpoint with that specific list.
- Do Not Mail List: This is a global suppression list for your account. Any contact stored in the list will be suppressed from receiving any email from the account.
Unique Identifier: Use this optional feature if your own internal systems refer to your contacts by some identifier such as a member ID, customer ID, or some other type of unique profile ID. Adding this unique contact profile ID to your contact database in Maropost Marketing Cloud allows you to create and update contact records referencing them by their member ID which is provided by your internal system.
If your internal system is able to track each contact’s email address, mobile number, and mobile app device ID, then the unique identifier field will enable you to trigger the sending of emails, text messages, and mobile app messages all from within the same Journey.
To set up a Unique Identifier, click the ‘Create’ link. A list of custom fields will appear. Select the custom field that you want to use as your unique identifier of contact records. NOTE: Only custom fields of a String data type can be used as a unique identifier. You can change which custom field you want to use as your unique identifier by clicking the ‘Edit’ link and selecting a different custom field.
- To add new users, click ‘Add User’. Input the email address and assign privileges, which are detailed below. Click ‘Add’.
Types of Privileges:
Campaign: With this privilege, a user can create a new campaign, A/B campaign, and view the campaign index page. A user can also edit existing campaigns (recurring, scheduled, and campaigns saved as drafts only). A user cannot delete or modify a campaign that has already been sent.
**A user will be able to open the campaign show page and view the reports and detailed graphs specific to a campaign. However, they will not be able to view the ‘Overlay’.**
Accounts: With this privilege, a user can to make account-level changes, such as:
– Adding a new user.
– Deleting an existing user.
– Modifying privileges for an existing user.
– Edit address, language, link tracking domain, website.
– Manage “Do Not Mail” list.
– Export contacts from DNM list.
– Import contacts into DNM list.
– Manage Brands DNM.
Contacts: With this privilege, a user will have access to all the lists saved under the contacts menu. A user will be able to:
– Create new lists.
– Edit lists.
– Delete lists.
– Import contacts into lists.
– View contacts present in the lists.
– Delete and edit contacts present in the lists.
– Access contact show page from the lists.
– Refresh lists to see the latest count.
– Create new custom fields.
– Edit custom fields.
– Delete custom fields.
– Edit default field value.
– Create new tags.
– Edit tags.
– Delete tags.
– Import contacts into tags.
– Add new brands.
– Edit brands.
– Access lists detail from within a brand.
– Create new segments.
– Edit segments.
– Delete segments.
– Duplicate segments.
**A user can not export lists or segments with this privilege. For that privilege, the option ‘Download Contacts’ needs to be turned on.**
Download Contacts: With this privilege, a user will be allowed to access export lists and segments. This also allows a user to refresh lists and segments.
Contents: With this privilege, a user will be able to access all the features present under the ‘Content’ menu, such as:
– View template library.
– Add templates.
– Edit templates (only if given user-level privileges during creation process).
– Delete templates (same as above).
– Preview existing templates.
– Create content from templates.
– Add template.
– Create new contents.
– Edit existing content.
– Delete existing contents.
– Duplicate existing contents.
– Preview contents.
– Click ‘Send Campaign’ below the content name, it opens a new campaign page.
– View image library.
– Create new folders.
– Add images.
– Add new footer.
– Edit existing footer.
– Delete an existing footer.
– Preview footer and set them as default.
Survey: With this privilege, a user will be able to create new surveys, as well as edit, preview, and delete them. A user will be able to see ‘Web tracking’, which won’t appear unless they are given privileges to surveys or forms.
Reports: With this privilege, a user will have access to all the reporting in your account. A user will be able to view, filter, and create reports, such as:
– Campaign reports.
– A/B campaign reports.
– Test campaign reports.
– Workflow reports.
– Website reports.
– Year-to-date reports.
– Custom reports.
– Create custom reports.
Download Reports: With this privilege, this will allow a user to export and download reports.
Automation: A user will be able to access workflows and cleansing rule when this privilege is enabled.
– Create new workflows.
– Edit existing workflows.
– Duplicate and delete existing workflows.
– Export contacts from workflows.
– View contacts present in workflows.
– Disable and enable workflows.
– Create a new cleansing rule.
– Edit existing cleansing rule.
– Delete existing cleansing rule.
– Disable and enable cleansing rule.
Forms: With this privilege, a user will be allowed to access forms and various actions associated with it, such as:
– Create a new form.
– Preview forms.
– Check HTML code for forms.
– Edit and delete forms.
– Export pending contacts from double opt-in forms.
Relational Tables: With this privilege, this gives access to tables and SQL queries.
– Create a new table.
– Edit existing tables.
– Delete and duplicate existing tables.
– Import contacts into tables.
– Export contacts from tables.
– Create new SQL queries.
– Edit and delete existing one.
-Export and execute.
**When enabled, a new tab, ‘Relational tables’, will appear on the ‘Connections’ page.**
FTP Upload: With this privilege, a user will be able to import contacts using FTP upload. When enabled, a new tab “SFTP access” will appear on the ‘Connections’ page.