A survey is a detailed study of a market or geographical area to gather data on attitudes, impressions, options, satisfaction level etc. by polling a section of the population.
Adding a survey to your website helps provide a better understanding of the attitude or the requirement of the individual customer. Based on the interest of the user, we can send broadcasts/campaigns and set up automation.
In order to create a survey, please follow these steps:
1. Hover your cursor over the Maropost logo, and then click on ‘Web’.
2. Then hover the cursor on ‘Surveys’ and click on ‘New Surveys’.
3. Fill in the essential information for creating the survey; name, close date, close quota, survey header, submit button text, and click ‘Save’. The next page will show a list of your created surveys.
4. There are several different options associated with a survey which can be found under its name.
The options associated with a survey are:
1. Edit: This option gives you the ability to update the information in a survey; name, close date, close quota, survey header and submit button text.
2. Questions: This option can add questions to the survey, which will help in understanding the interests of the end-user. There is a variety of options to set the value for the question which is explained below.
- Free Text: Add a question in text format.
- Multiple Choice: Add a question in multiple choice format.
- Multiple Selection: Add a question with the option to choose multiple answers.
- Drop Down: Add a question with options that appear in a drop down list.
- Name: Add an option to fetch the first and last name of a user.
- Email address: Add an option to fetch the email address of a user.
- Phone number: Add an option to fetch the phone number of a user.
- Address: Add an option to fetch the address of a user.
- Date/time: Add an option to save the date/time for the survey to be completed by the user.
6. Reports: This option will generate a report for a survey. All the data filled in a survey will be present in the report section.
(Example of survey report.)
7. Preview: This option will provide a preview of the survey.
8. Duplicate: This option creates an exact replica of the survey
9. Clear: This option gives the ability to clear the survey information.
10. Delete: This option will delete the entire survey along with the information and data associated with it.
**The link created for the survey can be used in the content of the campaign, as well as on your website.**